Tuesday 28 June 2011

Taekwondo Boy

I've made this card for my son's birthday, he is really into Taekwondo and Korean Kick Boxing at the moment and I thought this little image from LOTV would be just right.  I coloured the image with ProMarkers and used purple core'dinations card stock because his belt is currently purple with a gold stripe.  I have followed Donalda's sketch over on this weeks LOTV Challenge.



I used my Spellbinders Large Pinking Circles to cut the image, mat, sentiment and corners.  I first saw these dies over on Edna's blog 'Another day, another card', they're really good for male cards.  I stamped the sentiment onto core'dinations card stock and had to emboss it to make it show up, unfortunately it hasn't photographed very well.  All of the edges have been distressed and to finish I added some buttons from my stash.  Full details of everything I have used are detailed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to match the front.




Image:  LOTV Karate Kid
Papers:  Hocus Pocus and Beach Bum        
Card stock:  Core'dinations,
Tools:  Spellbinders - Large Pinking Circles and Ric Rac Diamond Border 
Embellishments:  buttons and raffia from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV Circular Sentiment

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

LOTV Challenge 102 - Sketch by Donalda
Here Come The Boy's Challenge 5 - Spots and Stripes
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge 40 - T is for ...... Taekwondo
Sweet Stampin' - Something Old, Something New - New LOTV Karate Kid stamp, Old LOTV Circular Sentiment stamp and buttons

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look, I hope you like my card and I would really like to hear what you think.

Pauline
x

8 comments:

Carol said...

He'll love this Pauline it's fabulous. Love those pinking circles. Carol x

Anonymous said...

Awh what a fab card Pauline! I love the Karate Kid image from LOTV and your layout is fab! Thanks for playing again at Here Come The Boys! Woo & Sharon xxx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Great card, Love the love the Papers, and the buttons too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "T" challenge, hope to see you next time,hugs Samantha

Ps you could of added extra T's =

Three buttons :0)

Lisa Minckler said...

Ah ha! Taekwondo...now that's not a "T" I had thought of. ;) Very creative and wonderful card. I love that you decorate the insides of your cards too. Very personal touch.
Thank you so much for joining our "T" challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
Happy stamping 2 U...
Lisa xx

Tracey T said...

What a fab card for a boy! Love the sweet image and you're right about the Nesties - they work really well here. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Paddington fan said...

I love this cute image and I'm sure your son will love this card with all the personalised colours too!! Love the decorated inside as well!! Thanks for joining us at HCTB this time for our spots and stripes challenge. Good luck, love Jacky x

Teresa said...

Beautiful inside & out, thanks for sharing with us at HCTB's challenge.
Teresa xx

Judy Rozema said...

Darling boy card and use of "T"! Thank you for joining us for "T is for..." at Top Tip Tuesday!